No Internet connection?
Are your other BELD Broadband services currently working?
If you're experiencing a problem with other BELD services there may be an outage in your area. Check for outage-related information on our Facebook or Twitter pages, or the home page of this website. You can also call us at 781.348.BELD (2353), but remember that our phone lines are busy during outages.
If you’ve ruled out an outage, make sure your modem has power (lights are on), then reset it:
1. Unplug the power from your modem and wait 2 minutes
If you have our phone service and are using a battery backup, you'll also need to disconnect the battery from the modem.
2. Uplug the power from your router (if you have one)
3. Plug the modem back in and wait until it has fully restarted. This can take a few minutes
If you are using a battery backup, reconnect the battery before plugging the power back in.
4. Plug the router back in and wait another minute
5. Check your Internet connection by opening a new web browser window
6. If you still have no Internet connectivity, restart your computer and then re-open a web browser and try to connect
7. If you are still experiencing issues, contact the HelpDesk at 781.348.2353.
Click the image on the right to run a test to measure the speed coming through to your computer. If the results are lower than you expect, bypass your router by connecting your modem directly to your computer and run the test again. If you still see slow download or upload speeds, contact the HelpDesk.