Our Clean Comfort program is designed to assist you in adopting efficient cooling and heating with heat pumps.
Heat pumps keep homes comfortable year-round, and are more efficient than traditional systems. Through the Clean Comfort program, you can receive help to both learn more about heat pumps and figure out if they are a fit for your home. Through the program, sizing and design support is provided to residents to ensure that the installed systems deliver the savings and comfort expected, as well as improve your home’s overall carbon impact.
BELD offers rebates of $500 per ton up to $1,000 for residents to install air source heat pumps, including ductless mini splits.
Single Zone Mini Split: HSPF: ≥ 10, SEER: ≥ 18
Central Heat Pump, Multi Split Systems, and Ducted Mini Split: HSPF: ≥ 9.5, SEER: ≥ 16
Prior to contracting, customers and contractors should confirm rebate amounts and equipment eligibility with the MLP electric utility provider for the install site, as rebate amounts and equipment eligibility varies across MLPs and may not be accurately reflected in the guidelines on Abode Energy Management's website.
Follow these 5 steps:
- Contact a Clean Comfort Heat Pump Specialist for program information and to learn more about the benefits of heat pump adoption.
- Work with a local contractor to determine if a heat pump is right for you.
- Contractor submits a pre-approval project summary to the Clean Comfort program administrator, Abode Energy Services. Abode reviews your project summary and works with the contractor, if necessary.
- Once approved, the heat pump system is installed and inspected.
- Your rebate is processed and you start to enjoy clean, efficient cooling and heating.
You can learn more about how heat pumps work and find a list of participating contractors from which to obtain quotes. The links below allow customers or contractors to set up time on the calendar for a consultation (customer) or rebate program onboarding (contractor).
Abode Energy Services is the Clean Comfort program administrator. Contact a Clean Comfort Specialist at Abode today to get started.