A digital cable box is like a personal computer in many ways, and could freeze from time to time. If so, you may need to reboot it. Please follow the instructions below to reboot your Scientific Atlanta or your Samsung HD digital cable box:
• Unplug your cable box from either the wall outlet or the box itself.
• Wait 2 minutes and plug it back in. The reboot process may take 3-5 minutes.
• During the reboot process, the cable box may display a series of numbers, characters or letters.
• When the front panel on the digital cable box displays the time, the reboot is complete.
• Turn on your TV and cable box. There may be a slight delay while the menu screen loads.